Would you like to work for a company that’s been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Dayton? We’re hiring! If you have a great attitude, a strong sense of initiative and experience in sales, please Apply Here to submit your résumé.
Independent Sales Representative
Better Tools, LLC is a division of American Cutting Edge, Inc, a 50-year-old company specializing in blades and tools. The Independent Sales Representative will report to the Better Tools Sales Manager, and will be accountable for achieving or exceeding budgeted sales, volume and mix, and profitability targets with retailers through wholesale distribution.
- Driving and growing profitable sales of Better Tools products
- Building relationships with retailers to achieve customer satisfaction and financial goals
- Influencing the retailers to focus on and sell Better Tools products
- Successfully executing new product launch initiatives
- Conducting training for the assigned retailers in the areas of sales skills, product knowledge, technical information, installation, and related company policies and procedures
- Developing local and regional sales promotions aimed at increasing sales volumes in all product categories
- Executing the sales call process and accurate job tracking
- Making joint sales calls with distributor sales representatives and management personnel
- Assisting the retailer in the yearly business planning process by establishing sales, marketing, service, and financial objectives
- Conducting quarterly review sessions with the Sales Manager regarding the yearly plan
- Monitoring and evaluating the market, activities, and products of the competition as well as identifying SWOT and developing a plan to address any issues, problems or opportunities
- Preparing reports of business transactions and communications
Required Qualifications of the Retail Sales Representative:
- 3+ years of previously sales experience
- 2 or 4-year degree in a related discipline, or equivalent business/work experience.
- Proven consultative selling, strong communication, influencing, negotiating, analytical, and time and project management skills
- Strong track record of sales achievement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to learn at a rapid pace
- Candidate with previous sales experience in the flooring and/or building products industry will receive preferential treatment.
- Middle/Breadbasket (ND, MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, with a focus on WI and IA.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to sell, you may be the perfect candidate for us! If you’re interested in joining our team, please click here to forward your resume and salary requirements.